Try Our Platform At No Cost for 30 daysClick Here
Marketing Automation Overview
Different types of companies, from SMB to enterprise, have their own way of finding new leads, nurturing them, and turning them into customers. However, like most solutions in a company's martech stack, marketing automation platforms aren't one-size-fits-all, especially in B2B.
In fact, because of the variation in buyer journeys across the B2B landscape, these platforms must be tailored to meet the needs of unique prospects — not to mention the distinct use cases of marketing and sales teams. B2B marketing automation platforms may have similar foundational components, but their implementation varies across different industries and brands.
Marketing automation helps B2B companies reach and engage prospects in many ways, including:
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Lead nurturing and inbound marketing
- Digital advertising
- Landing pages and forms
Regardless of industry, channel, or use case, marketing automation platforms help B2B companies build personalized, seamless journeys for leads and customers at scale.
Click on a section title below to learn more about a particular topic.
- What challenges can marketing automation solve?
- What does marketing automation actually do?
- Who uses marketing automation?
- Why use marketing automation?
- How to use marketing automation for inbound marketing.
- How to use marketing automation for account-based marketing.
- How to get started with marketing automation.
- How to choose the best marketing automation platform for your business.
- Why use Pardot?
Why use marketing automation?
Primarily, companies should use marketing automation to find and nurture leads, close more deals, and maximize ROI. But marketing automation is important for a number of other related reasons as well.
By using it, you can do all of the following:
- Get a 360-degree view of prospect activity by linking data from your CRM to campaigns,which can help align sales and marketing teams.
- Easily identify and prioritize the hottest leads.
- Nurture cooler leads until they're sales-ready so you never miss an opportunity.
- Fill your pipeline with quality leads to directly impact revenue.
- Deliver personalized customer experiences across all channels and audiences.
- Target buyers at every stage of the buying cycle.
- Make data-driven decisions and identify new opportunities for growth.